As a parish it is our desire to see people become disciples who are more like Jesus.
We believe that God loves you and offers you a full and abundant life, for now and for eternity. However, the only way to know God is through his son Jesus. He is the way, the truth and the life.
‘But, This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. (Jesus) … God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again…’ John 3:16 (Message Translation)
Jesus came to die on a cross for our sin, to pay the penalty for us, and then after 3 days rose again, defeating death and sin, and reconciling us to God.
How can we respond..? Put our faith in him. There is nothing better than knowing Jesus. He offers life to the full.
How exactly do you become a disciple of Jesus you may be asking? Well we hope to make that really clear and straight forward for you here. Just have a look below and see what you think…
1. Firstly you need to realise that you are a broken and rebellious person, as is everyone else. This doesn’t mean that you are necessarily a really terrible person in day-to-day life, it just means that you have a lot of mess and sin in your life that was there even before you were born because of the choice that Adam and Eve made back in the beginning when they chose to rebel and separate themselves from God. This sin means that it would be impossible for you to connect with God, who is totally perfect and sinless.
2. You need to realise that Jesus is the Son of God.You also need to recognise that He was born, that He lived, that He died on the cross and came to life again, and because of this people don’t have to be separated from God. He paid the price of sin and bridged the gap that was made, allowing everyone who wants to follow Him, to be able to connect and have a relationship with Him.
3. Then you need to think about it. Consider it deeply and don’t just jump into a rushed or pressurised decision.
4. Next you’ve got to accept that this has been done for you and for God’s glory. Thank God for it and say sorry for all the mistakes, bad choices and sin that is keeping you apart from Him.
5. Finally you need to go for it! Get stuck in to all that God has for you and live in His presence, and in the power of the Holy Spirit, serving and honouring Him in all that you do so that you give God all the praise and point others to Him…
If you want to know more about any of this please speak to any of the parish ministry staff or contact us by clicking here.