General Privacy Statement
for Members of Magheralin Parish
Magheralin Parish aims to help people become ‘More like Jesus’.
This statement explains what personal data is collected by the Parish and what we do with it to meet that aim.
Personal data is information about a living individual which is capable of identifying them.
We have a legal duty under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate, adequate, and relevant, stored securely, not misused and is not excessive.
What we collect
Normally the only information we hold comes directly from you. Whenever we collect information from you, we will make it clear which information is required in order to provide you with information about parish ministries and events. You do not have to provide us with any additional information unless you choose to.
We may collect the following information:
- Your Name
- Your contact information including postal address, email and phone number(s)
- Demographic information such as date of birth, family, preferences and interests
- Information for financial and Gift Aid purposes
- Other information relevant to your church engagement and mission interests
What we do with the Information we collect
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- To keep accurate internal records
- To provide you with information
- Fundraise and promote activities
- To enable pastoral support and visitation
- To process financial donations for financial and Gift Aid purposes
We need your consent to:
- Use your contact details that you give us to periodically send information which we think you may find interesting
- Use your information to contact you for research purposes or to seek support for an area of ministry in which you have declared an interest
- Carry out a joint mailing with carefully selected other organisations, in order to tell you about other ministries / events we think you might be interested in.
You have the right to ask us not to contact you in this way. You can opt-out at any point by writing to us at the address below.
We store your information securely on our computer system, we restrict access to those who have a need to know (for example only our Honorary Treasurer and those assisting this person will have access to personal financial information) and we train our staff/volunteers in handling information securely.
Controlling your personal information
Only relevant person data, such as your contact details, will be used only by those in the parish who have been approved by clergy to organise / manage ministries or events that may be of interest to you so that they can let you know what activities are available.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required to by law or you have given your consent. If you have signed up to a class or other service provided by an outside person or group we will pass your details to the professional worker providing that service. The group or sessional worker may hold additional information about your participation in local activities.
Your right to view, correct and delete personal information
You have the right to view the personal data we hold about your, and to ask us to correct or delete your personal information by writing to us at the address below. We will also carry out periodic updates of the information in an attempt to keep it up to date, for example, in the event of a birth, death or leaving the Parish.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, our treatment of your personal information or if you wish to have a copy of the information we hold about you or to request that it be deleted, please write to us at the address below.
Magheralin Parish Select Vestry
Magheralin Parish Office,
3 New Forge Road,
Phone: 028 9261 9569